Sunday 28 July 2019

The HUG that made a difference

Our second son was up early. He had a goodnight rest. But the slightest disappointment at the beginning of the day set him on a grumpy, irritated mood. He was angry at everything and thought the whole world was against him.. well..as a 8 year old he is full of drama ( I think he gets it from his mother 😊) . He could not get his piano lessons right so he thought he'll never be good at it. And his behavior only got worse with the thought.

By 11 am he was sent to the bedroom twice for trying to kick his younger brother and once for a nasty attitude towards the Father.

I was preparing lunch by now and was wondering what must I do to get this little one to settle when I was promoted in my heart one thing... The thing that matters the most.

At this point he was getting ready to read a book as suggested earlier and I signalled him to come to me... Reluctantly he walked, not expecting what is in for him by this bidding from me...

I just reached out and gave him a BIG HUG. He resisted for a second and then threw his arms around and hugged me back... I held him like that for a while, then kissed him on his head and sent him back... We never spoke a word. He went to the couch and resumed his reading and in few minutes dozed off peacefully

And that's when it struck me hard... How many times we carry all our burdens, disappointments, failures and walk around slouching and upset, trying to make it better, being busy at getting things rightly done and in all the hustle and bustle of life we ignore that gentle call from God. We think, " oh well am not in a mood to pray for anyone or anything and I don't feel like praising God either. So let it be" and we move on with all the aches and pains... When ALL GOD WANTS TO DO IS, WRAP HIS HUGE LOVING ARMS AROUND US AND GIVE US A HUG. A hug that will make us breathe. Not a word spoken... JUST A HUG to And let us know that ITS GONNA BE FINE. And then suddenly everything is fine. We can relax, Rest and be restored.

Well the issues might still linger..but the peace that passeth all understanding is back. And we can see more clearly and make the right choices and steer the right direction. And it took A HUG AND SIMPLE YET LOVING HUG FROM THE FATHER UP ABOVE ❤️❤️💕
 And no matter how old we grow...WE ALL NEED A HUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COSMIC COMMOTION

                            I woke up at 5 am and it was dark outside. The time went by and soon it was 10 am and it was still dark. I wonde...